Project Management Basic
Course Duration 1 Day
At the end of the course participants will be able to :
- Identify the features and attributes of a project; and identify the steps and variables of the project management process.
- Identify the components of project scope; gain project authorization; use common project selection methods; write an end-deliverable description and a project charter; determine the actions integral to scope planning; write a scope statement; follow a scope management plan; and prevent scope creep.
- Identify the process and benefits of scope definition and verification; develop the work breakdown structure (WBS) and the work package; identify the types of information that stakeholders need in order to verify the project scope; identify actions involved in controlling changes; and identify the role of a scope change control system
- Identify the components of time management; identify the purpose of activity definition and sequencing; recognize different diagramming techniques; identify the factors affecting activity duration; and identify techniques for estimating activity duration.
- Describe schedule development; use mathematical analysis techniques for schedule
development; identify the purpose of schedule control; and describe the importance of schedule adherence.
- Identify the necessary project resources by using a WBS and other tools; identify resource types and assign resources; make cost approximations; assess the effect of risk and activity duration on cost estimates; and apply cost estimating techniques.
- Use capital budgeting and depreciation methods for project budgeting; control project costs; calculate cost and schedule variance; and compute a projects estimate at completion (EAC) and variance at completion (VAC).
Fundamentals of Project Management
The Project Management Process
Characteristics of a Project
The Project Environment
The Project Manager
The Project Team
Project Initiation & Scope Planning
Scope Definition, Verification & Change Control
Scope Change Control
Activity Definition & Sequencing
Schedule Development & Control
Resource Identification & Cost Approximating
Budgeting & Cost Control
Download this outline as a PDF.