Interpersonal Skills Workshop
Course Duration 1 Day
We’ve all met that dynamic, charismatic person that just has a way with others, and has a way of
being remembered. Your participants will identify ways of creating a powerful introduction, remembering names, and managing situations when you’ve forgotten someone’s name.
The Interpersonal Skills workshop will help participants work towards being that unforgettable
person by providing communication skills, negotiation techniques, tips on making an impact, and advice on networking and starting conversations. They will also identify the skills needed in starting a conversation, moving a conversation along, and progressing to higher levels of conversation.
At the end of the course participants will be able to :
- Understand the difference between hearing and listening
- Know some ways to improve the verbal skills of asking questions and communicating
- Understand what is ‘non-verbal communication’ and how it can enhance interpersonal
- Identify the skills needed in starting a conversation.
- Identify ways of creating a powerful introduction, remembering names, and managing
situations when you’ve forgotten someone’s name
- Understand how seeing the other side can improve skills in influencing other people.
- Understand how the use of facts and emotions can help bring people to your side.
- Identify ways of sharing one’s opinions constructively.
- Learn tips in preparing for a negotiation, opening a negotiation, bargaining, and closing a
- Learn tips in making an impact through powerful first impressions
Verbal Communication Skills
Listening and Hearing: They Aren’t
the Same Thing
Communicating with Power
Non-Verbal Communication Skills
The Signals You Send to Others
It’s Not What You Say, It’s How You Say It
Making Small Talk and Moving Beyond
Starting a Conversation
The Four Levels of Conversation
Moving the Conversation Along
Asking for Examples
Using Summary Questions
Asking for Clarity and Completeness
Creating a Powerful Introduction
Uh-Oh…I’ve Forgotten Your Name
Seeing the Other Side
Building a Bridge
Giving In Without Giving Up
Bringing People to Your Side
A Dash of Emotion
Plenty of Facts
Bringing It All Together
Sharing Your Opinion
Making an Impact
Creating a Powerful First Impression
Assessing a Situation
Being Zealous without Being Offensive
Download this outline as a PDF.