Business Etiquette Workshop
Course Duration 1 Day
This course examines the basics, most importantly to be considerate of others, dress/appearance, the workplace versus social situations, business meetings, proper introductions and ‘the handshake’, conversation skills/small talk, cultural differences affecting international business opportunities, dealing with interruptions, and proper business email and telephone etiquette. Have you ever been in a situation where:
- You met someone important and had no idea what to say or do?
- You spilled soup all over yourself at an important business event?
- You showed up at an important meeting under or overdressed?
Let’s face it: we’ve all had those embarrassing etiquette gaffes. Our Business Etiquette workshop will help your participants look and sound their best no matter what the situation.
At the end of the course participants will be able to :
- Define etiquette and provide an example of how etiquette can be of value to a company or organization.
- Understand the guidelines on how to make effective introductions.
- Identify the 3 C’s of a good impression.
- Understand how to use a business card effectively.
- Identify and practice at least one way to remember names.
- Identify the 3 steps in giving a handshake.
- Enumerate the four levels of conversation and provide an example for each.
- Understand place settings, napkin etiquette and basic table manners.
- Learn how to make ethical decisions and lead with integrity.
- Understand the meaning of colours in dressing for success.
- Differentiate among the dressy casual, semi-formal, formal and black tie dress code.
The Importance of Business Etiquette
Networking for Success
Creating an Effective Introduction
Making a Great First Impression
Using Business Cards Effectively
The Meet and Greet
The Three-Step Process
The Four Levels of Conversation
The Dining in Style
Identifying Types of Responsibilities
Using Your Napkin
Eating Your Meal
Sticky Situations and Possible Solutions
Ordering in a Restaurant
About Alcoholic Beverages
Paying the Bill
Business Email Etiquette
Addressing Your Message
Grammar and Acronyms
Top 5 Technology Tips
Developing and Appropriate Greeting
Dealing with Voicemail
Cell Phone Do’s and Don’ts
The Written Letter
Thank You Notes
Dressing for Success
The Meaning of Colours
Interpreting Common Dress
Deciding What to Wear
Download this outline as a PDF.