Assertiveness & Self Confidence Workshop
Course Duration 1 Day
Self-confident and assertiveness are two skills that are crucial for success in life. If you do not feel worthy, and/or you do not know how to express your self-worth when communicating with others, life can be difficult. These skills will provide opportunities and benefits to your participants in their professional and personal lives.
The Assertiveness and Self-Confidence workshop will give participants an understanding of what assertiveness and self-confidence each mean (in general and to them personally) and how to develop those attitudes in their day-to-day lives. These skills will encompass many aspects of your participant’s lives and have a positive effect on all of them.
At the end of the course participants will be able to :
- Define assertiveness and self-confidence, and list the four styles of communication
- Describe the types of negative thinking, and how one can overcome negative thoughts
- Building confidence and assertiveness through questioning and listening skills.
- Utilise methodologies for understanding your worth — and the use of positive self-talk
- Looking the part and making a strong first impression.
What Does Self Confidence Mean to You
What is Assertiveness?
What is Self Confidence?
The Four Styles
Obstacles to our Goals
Types of Negative Thinking
Feeling the part
Identifying Your Worth
Creating Positive Self Talk
Identifying and Addressing Strengths & Weaknesses
Looking the part
The importance of appearance
The role of body language
First impressions count
Sounding the part
It’s how you say it
Using “I” messages
What to do when you’re on the spot
Using STAR to make your case
Coming to consensus
Download this outline as a PDF.